Vietnamese president celebrates Sarajevo’s presence in Champions League
Thể Thao 247 - Nguyen Hoai Nam’s club Sarajevo in Bosnia & Herzegovina Premijer Liga, clinched the championship and earned a ticket to Champion League next season.
Sarajevo’s excellent 4-0 win over Zvijezda in round 32 made thousands of fans celebrated on the streets.
The team win 67 points in 32 round, goal difference +46. While the second team Zrinjski earned only 64 points, goal difference +24.
This is a successful season for Sarajevo to secure both Premijer Liga championship and national cup. It is a traditional football team of Bosnia & Herzegovina with 6 championships in domestic tournaments and 6 national cups.
This is also the first time to finish their season by 2 championships. Sarajevo will be present at Champions League next season from the qualifying round.
Mr Nam said: “I can’t speak Bosnia & Herzegovina. I flew 16 hours but I was not tired. Today is a special day and I want everyone to enjoy it”.
Nguyen Hoai Nam and PVF officially became owner of Sarajevo in late April. He is the first Vietnamese to own a squad in Europe.
That he invests in a team like Sarajevo will help Vietnam football a lot. It is expected that he will take Vietnamese players to Europe for training and experiencing here so that brings World Cup closers to the Vietnamese.
- Cong Phuong left out, Incheon still received a heavy defeat
- Chanathip, Quang Hai reached Top 6 Asia to play in Europe
- Thai expert: 'We have lagged behind Vietnam'
- AFC CUP 2019: Trouncing Ceres Negros, Ha Noi makes history
- 'Cong Phuong can’t play with his unstable tactics', Incheon coach Yoo Sang-cheul claimed
- Cong Phuong steps up to Clermont Foot?
- Cong Phuong first time speaks of the debut match in Sint-Truidense shirt