VFF complains about U22 Vietnam’s in the underdog pot in 30th SEA Games
Thể Thao 247 - VFF has made a complaint that U22 Vietnam is placed in the underdog group in 30th SEA Games Daw
Recently, ASEAN Football Federation announced seed pots in SEA Games 2019, notably Vietnam is divided to the bottom pot with Lao, Cambodia, Brunei, Timor Leste. Meanwhile, Thailand and the Philippines are in pot 1, pot 2 consists of Indonesia and Malaysia, pot 3 includes Myanmar and Singapore.
VFF was discontent with the draw followed by sending complaint to Vietnam Olympic Committee (VOC) in search for help.
General secretary Le Hoài Anh said, “VFF doesn’t understand which criteria the organizers base on to divide seed pots for men football in SEA Games. Ì they only base on Vietnam’s achievement in SEA Games 2017, U22 team deserves in pot 3 with Myanmar since Singapore was weaker than Vietnam in 2017.
VFF has sent document to VOC to interfere. If Vietnam is still placed in pot 4, it is likely that we will have to face 2 or 3 strong opponents in the qualifying round”.
Even when being placed in the weakest pot, Vietnam is supposed to lift the champion as they just underwent a successful year with AFC U-23 runner up, top 4 of Asiad, top 8 Asian Cup or AFF Cup championship.
AFC U23 2020 draw: U23 Vietnam in the group of death?
U23 Vietnam listed as top seed ahead of AFC U23 Championship 2020 Group draw
Vietnam no pressure on King’s Cup championship
World Cup 2022 Qualifiers: AFF Cup runner-up to play from the first roundTin tài trợ
- Cong Phuong left out, Incheon still received a heavy defeat
- Chanathip, Quang Hai reached Top 6 Asia to play in Europe
- Thai expert: 'We have lagged behind Vietnam'
- AFC CUP 2019: Trouncing Ceres Negros, Ha Noi makes history
- 'Cong Phuong can’t play with his unstable tactics', Incheon coach Yoo Sang-cheul claimed
- Cong Phuong steps up to Clermont Foot?
- Cong Phuong first time speaks of the debut match in Sint-Truidense shirt