UAE booked heavy punishment from AFC
UAE received a serious punishment from AFC as their fans thew strange objects to the pitch.
According to the latest announcement from AFC, UAE will not have its audiences for one match, with a fine of $150,000. This was a consequence of UAE’s fans thowing strange objects in the feate to Qatar in Asian Cup 2019 semi-finals.
AFC representative said: “AFC's Disciplinary and Ethical Committee agreed on a fine of $150,000 for UAE. The fine is for the bad behavior in the semifinal of Asian Cup 2019. UAE is responsible for take the punishment 30 days from the announcement. Every repeatation will be punishied heavier”.
UAE is still luckly as the punishment will not be applied in the World Cup 2022 qualifiers, but a home game in Aisan Cup 2023.
UAE was pitted in group G with Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia. Although they are rated highest in the group, they were once held by Thailand in Asian Cup 2019 qualifiers.
Accordingly, UAE will travel to Malaysia on Sep 10 in World Cup 2022 second qualifiers.
UAE Football Federation claims to pull off easy wins over ASEAN teams
‘Vietnam unpredictable, Thailand foreseeable’, UAE coach states
Chanathip sets his goals to put Thailand ahead in the World Cup 2022 qualifiers
Van Quyet’s terrific scoring performance, full of chance to represent Vietnam in World Cup 2022
FAT requires information blockade ahead of World Cup 2022 qualifier
Mr. Park sent staff to Thailand to survey the stadium for the opening match of the 2022 World Cup Qualifier
- Cong Phuong left out, Incheon still received a heavy defeat
- Chanathip, Quang Hai reached Top 6 Asia to play in Europe
- Thai expert: 'We have lagged behind Vietnam'
- AFC CUP 2019: Trouncing Ceres Negros, Ha Noi makes history
- 'Cong Phuong can’t play with his unstable tactics', Incheon coach Yoo Sang-cheul claimed
- Cong Phuong steps up to Clermont Foot?
- Cong Phuong first time speaks of the debut match in Sint-Truidense shirt