Thailand bitterly sees Singapore lift the Merlion Cup
Singapore lifts the Merlion Cup title with a goal from Irfan Fandi after a comfortable win over Thailand.
In the final Merlion Cup 2019, U23 Thailand brought out their strongest team including Shinnaphat, Natthawut or Marco Ballini while the host Singapore gave their strongest players like Iran Fandi or Hami Syahin.
Having its home advantage and supporters, U23 Singapore were on course right in the first place, they dominated the ball and continuously created dangerous situation inside the box.
Thailand goalkeeper made a mistake and allowed Inrfan Fandi get in, opening the scoring in the 36th minute. Responding to Singapore, Thailand had not earned any equalizer, finishing the fisrt half 1-0 lead to Singapore.
In the second half, Singapore still dominated the game and challenged Thailand Korraphat Nareechan. However, Thailand defense proved defiant yet no goal scored from both teams. U23 Singapore won 1-0 over Thailand.
Singapore offcicially clinch Merlion Cup 2019, Thailand continued to suffer bittery accept the second spot in this tournament.
- Cong Phuong left out, Incheon still received a heavy defeat
- Chanathip, Quang Hai reached Top 6 Asia to play in Europe
- Thai expert: 'We have lagged behind Vietnam'
- AFC CUP 2019: Trouncing Ceres Negros, Ha Noi makes history
- 'Cong Phuong can’t play with his unstable tactics', Incheon coach Yoo Sang-cheul claimed
- Cong Phuong steps up to Clermont Foot?
- Cong Phuong first time speaks of the debut match in Sint-Truidense shirt