Filip Nguyen to miss Vietnam battle with Thailand
VFF Le Hoai Anh disclosed that goalkeeper Filip nguyen will not have enough time to join World Cup 2022 qualifier with Vietnam national team.
This September, Vietnam is running its campaign in World Cup second qualification, with the goal to reach the final qualification. Park Hang-seo and VFF decided to summon some Vietnamese-origin players.
The notable name Filip Nguyen, however, will not be called up this period, according to VFF.
Speaking with the press on Friday, VFF general secretary Le Hoai Anh reveals: “Currently, VFF is trying to complete the legal procedures for him, but it is impossible to complete before the great battle”.
Earlier, Filip Nguyen was rumored to be provided Vietnamese citizenship in August, which will not been completed until the next match on Oct 10.
Despite Filip Nguyen’s absence, Park is still confident on the goalie position since Dang Van Lam is on the high in Muangthong United. The no. 1 goalkeeper of Vietnam helped Muangthong keep 8 unbeatable streak, winning 22 points and get out of the delegation group.
Mr. Park sent staff to Thailand to survey the stadium for the opening match of the 2022 World Cup Qualifier
WORLD CUP 2022 SECOND QUALIFIERS: FAT changes Thai League fixtures for Thailand national team’s preparation
Vietnam’s strongest lineup able to defeat Thailand in World Cup 2022
Thailand head coach Akira Nisino claims to take the national team to World Cup 2022
OFFICIAL: World Cup 2022 second qualifiers fixtures
What makes Dang Van Lam impressive with Muangthong on Thai League tableTin tài trợ
- Cong Phuong left out, Incheon still received a heavy defeat
- Chanathip, Quang Hai reached Top 6 Asia to play in Europe
- Thai expert: 'We have lagged behind Vietnam'
- AFC CUP 2019: Trouncing Ceres Negros, Ha Noi makes history
- 'Cong Phuong can’t play with his unstable tactics', Incheon coach Yoo Sang-cheul claimed
- Cong Phuong steps up to Clermont Foot?
- Cong Phuong first time speaks of the debut match in Sint-Truidense shirt