Cong Phuong attraction made K-League teams ask for more foreign players
Thể Thao 247 - In the interview Tuesday, KFA revealed their decision on changing ASEAN player quota for K-League teams from 2020.
Since moving to Korea, despite not much impression left on the pitch, Cong Phuong still made good mark in fans’ eyes by his progressive and fighting spirit.
Moreover, Cong Phuong’s attraction helps Incheon United in particular and K-League in general gain higher number of viewers from Vietnam.
His attraction also affects other clubs in K-League. They realize that ASEAN is a potential zone to develop for both professional and teams’ branding reason. Therefore, KFA decided to change the ASEAN quota to attend K-League 2020. Each team playing in K-League, is able to register up to 5 foreigners including 1 asian, 1 ASEAN player.
In the interview, KFA representative said, "some clubs ask to change the quota in ASEAN. Some is considering players to sign contract.
Cong Phuong, from Vietnam NT, came to K-League in Incheon shirt. Therefore, Incheon United is paid attention from both Vietnamese and Korean fans. All Incheon matches are available online to serve fans.”
“On the day Nguyen Cong Phuong made his debut in Incheon, thousands of people visited their website, even when just broadcast oversea. If we have the right to broadcast K-League in ASEAN, we can open our sponsorship, maybe Korean firms has their headquarters in ASEAN”
Cong Phuong’s huge contribution in ASEAN football, Indonesia press praised
Cong Phuong makes Korea change their regulation first time ever
‘Cong Phuong is crucial for the team’, Incheon coach said
Incheon Cong Phuong: Loneliness or isolation?Tin tài trợ
- Cong Phuong left out, Incheon still received a heavy defeat
- Chanathip, Quang Hai reached Top 6 Asia to play in Europe
- Thai expert: 'We have lagged behind Vietnam'
- AFC CUP 2019: Trouncing Ceres Negros, Ha Noi makes history
- 'Cong Phuong can’t play with his unstable tactics', Incheon coach Yoo Sang-cheul claimed
- Cong Phuong steps up to Clermont Foot?
- Cong Phuong first time speaks of the debut match in Sint-Truidense shirt